- Users can take snapshots(backup) whenever they want and can retain up to 150 snapshots.
- Users can take regular snapshots on a monthly and/or weekly basis.
How to Execute
- Stop the virtual machine. Take snapshots of the virtual machine’s RootDisk and DataDisk. After taking snapshots, create templates based on snapshots.
- Create new virtual machines using the templates you have just created.
- Create new DataDisks using the snapshots of the DataDisk you have just created.
- Attach a new DataDisk to the new virtual machine you created in step2, and mount it from the OS in the new virtual machine.
When taking snapshots, the virtual machine must be offline. Therefore, the system must be temporarily offline during the change.
If a user wants to create a new virtual machine in different zone, the templates must first be copied from the origin zone to the new zone.